1. Who are we?
Kamino Retail (“Kamino”, “our”, “us”, “we”) is a monetization platform for retailers. As such, it has a very high regard for privacy and data protection.
2. What data do we collect about you?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed. This is known as anonymous data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name.
• Contact Data includes email address; telephone numbers; job title; company name.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, screen size, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Personal data provided when completing forms on our Website. When you visit our Website you can provide us with your Identity Data and/or your Contact Data when completing a form under the heading “contact”, in particular. Each form specifies the purposes for collecting this data, the type of data collected and the compulsory or optional character of this data for processing your request. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• request marketing to be sent to you via our contact form on our Website;
• subscribe to our publications such as newsletters on our Website.
Data collected via cookies. When using or interacting with our Website, we may automatically collectTechnical Data from cookies. These are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website. See “What are the Cookies deposited and their purpose?” below for further information.
4. On which grounds do we process personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We have set out below, a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
5. Who can have access to your personal data?
To the extent Kamino Retail processes your personal data the data is stored on servers within the EU.We may transfer personal data to third parties (e.g. SaaS platform providers to run our case management system and other databases) who may be established or otherwise process personal data outside the European Union/European Economic Area (“EU/EEA”) in situations where our service providers are located outside the EU/EEA.
In such cases, we will ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws, including applying appropriate safeguards such as the EU Commission Standard Contractual Clauses and supplementary measures, as necessary.
You have the right to request information regarding transfers outside the EU/EEA and a copy of the safeguards taken by Kamino Retail in order to protect your personal data. To do this, please use the contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How long do we store your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements. You can see the table above.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data. You can ask us to delete your data: see “Your data protection rights” below for further information.
7. Your data protection rights
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You can:
▪ Request access to your personal data. This is commonly known as a "data subject access request". You have the right to request to receive a confirmation from us on whether we process personal data which relate to you, and request access to the personal data we process that relate to you. A copy of your data can be requested through email@example.com
▪ Request correction of your personal data. If your personal data processed by Kamino Retail is inaccurate or inadequate you have the right to request that Kamino Retail corrects the personal data.
▪ Right to object to direct marketing: you have the absolute right to, at any time, object to Kamino Retail's processing of your personal data in terms of direct marketing and de-register from future marketing communications.
▪ Object to processing based on our legitimate interest. You have the right to object to processing based on our legitimate interest for reasons relating to your particular situation.
▪ Request erasure of your personal data ("the right to be forgotten"). Under some circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data erased, e.g. if you have objected to the processing and Kamino Retail does not have any compelling legitimate grounds for the processing to continue processing the data. This does not apply if we, for example, are required under law to store the data.
▪ Request restriction of processing your personal data. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data. If you request restriction, Kamino Retail may not be able to fulfil its obligations to you during the period when any such restriction is in place.
▪ Request transfer of your personal data (data portability). Finally, you have the right to receive a copy of the personal data concerning you in a structured format and, if technically feasible, transfer the data to someone else (data portability). The right to data portability, compared to the right to access, only includes data that you have provided yourself and which we process based on certain legal grounds.
▪ Right to withdraw consent. Where a processing is carried out on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do so, please contact us via the contact details stated below. Please note that your withdrawal of consent does not affect the validity of the processing that occurred before the withdrawal.
Your request should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within one month.We may extend the response period to two months if such is necessary due to the complexity and number of requests. We will notify and explain the reasons of any extension to you. If we deny your request, we will inform you of the reasons of such denial.
If you consider your rights have been infringed upon according to the current privacy regulation, or regarding the denial of a request, you may lodge a complaint towards the local competent supervisory authority: Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés, 3 Place de Fontenoy, 75007 PARIS FRANCE.
8. How do we ensure the security of your personal data?
In order to ensure and maintain the security of your personal data, we have implemented all technical and organizational measures at our disposal to prevent your data from being unintentionally and accidentally lost, used, altered, or made available to the public without your authorization.
Should such an event occur, we have implemented measures to react promptly and to inform you and the competent supervisory authority when necessary.
9. What are the Cookies deposited and their purpose?
The Cookies deposited by our Website have this purpose:
▪ Necessary Cookies (required): Necessary Cookies are absolutely essential for the Website to function properly : the browser used, the pathway to our Website, pages viewed, actions taken, time spent on the Website, depth of visit and frequency of return. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the Website. These navigation data contain no information that could be used to identify, either directly or indirectly, an individual.
▪ Necessary Cookies are required and are not subject to your prior consent to allow their deposit on your browser in application of the exceptions of article 82 of the law n° 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to data processing, the files and freedoms.
11. More questions?